A surprisingly intimate portrait of sex, accomplished without any explicit imagery. Originally inspired by the 1964 Andy Warhol film “Blowjob,” the erotic documentary “Headshot” portrays an intense, shared sexual encounter in which we see only one participant, a leather-jacketed (and, in our version, eventually naked) young man — first-time actor Chris Brinkhof.
As in Warhol’s film, we never see the face of the person giving the blowjob (first-time actress Katinka de Vries), and we only see Chris from the waist up. But in our version we follow the experience from beginning to end: From Chris waiting for Katinka to arrive, to their very first conversation, their full sexual experience together, and their conversation afterward.
The result is a unique take on male sexuality, unusually honest and authentic. To the intriguing question, “Can a sex scene be hot, even if you can’t see the sex?” the answer, we think, is a resounding “yes”.
- Length: 9 min
- Language: Dutch/English
- Subtitles: English
- Rating: Unrated
- Format: 16×9 widescreen, 720×576, full color, AC3 Dolby Digital sound
- Region: All. Unlimited/region-free. Ships correct DVD format (NTSC/PAL) based on your country.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Winner “Best Short Erotic Film” award, Atlanta Underground Film Festival
- Official Selection London Short Film Festival, Institute of Contemporary Arts
- Cannes Short Film Corner
- Official Selection Porn FilmFestival Berlin
- Official Selection SIFF Sexy International Film Festival Melbourne
- Official Selection Sexy International Film Festival Paris
- Official Selection CinErotic Film Festival (Atlanta, GA)
- Official Selection Stout(St)e Dromen Festival Antwerp, Belgium,
- Official Selection Pornotopia Erotic Film Festival
- Official Selection Sydney Underground Film Festival
- Official Selection Britspotting Festival, Berlin
- Official Selection Bangfilmes Brazilia, Brazil
- Official Selection Tokyo Revolution and Sexual Revolution Festival
- Official Selection Festival Internationale du Court Metrage
- Official Selection Portobello Film Festival