The lesbian collaborative L-Salon (Ghent, Belgium) has invited Jennifer to give a workshop about the relationship between feminism and pornography. L-Salon is calling the event Artishock –what a great name! Jennifer will illustrate her talk with clips from several new lesbian and queer “alternative” porn and erotic films.
Our discussion will include:
- What are our typical assumptions about pornography?
- Which branches of feminism traditionally oppose pornography, and why? Which criticisms still apply to new/alternative porn, or to specifically lesbian/queer/trans porn?
- What positive role can new/alternative porn play in a feminist worldview?
- What is the role of lesbian and transgender visibility in porn?
- What elements of (female) sexuality deserve more attention in new/alternative porn? What do we still want to see?
Also, Ben of L-Salon will present a short talk about “post porn” with filmclips.
DATE: Saturday, October 3, 2009
PLACE: Geuzenhuis, Kantienberg 9, Ghent (Belgium)
INFO: L-Salon?Facebook page